Why Spend Money on an Exhaust Fan Hinge Kit?
Hinge kits eliminate the risk of damage to Fan components, while making the fan easier to clean. Hinge kits have proven to decrease liabilities so well that many insurance companies are now requiring them to be installed.
Properly installed hinges are essential to your business, and are beneficial for many reasons, including:
- Correct cleaning- in order to thoroughly clean any commercial kitchen exhaust fan, a sturdy hinging system must be installed to safely access all areas.
- It’s the law!- NFPA 96 code 220.127.116.11 – Approved upblast fans with motors surrounded by the airstream shall be hinged, supplied with flexible weatherproof electrical cable and service hold-open retainers, and listed for this use
- Safety- removing a large fan from its base for cleaning is not only dangerous for us but typically causes damage to the fan housing and the roof.
- To protect the electrical conduit- Exhaust fan wiring is over extended when the fan is removed from the duct and laid on the roof. The fan wiring is subject to unnecessary abuse during cleaning without a Hinge kit.
- To prevent roof damage- Roof leaks and roof damage can be the result of placing the exhaust fan on the roof during maintenance and cleaning.
- To protect the kitchens exhaust fan- the exhaust fan can be damaged by placing it on its side just one time, the weight of the fan will bend the housing.
- To prevent bending the fans base plate- the fan is made of lightweight material, if it is bent it could create gaps to allow grease to leak onto the roof.
- To prevent a loose fitting between the fan and duct- the exhaust fan could begin to Rattle if not properly attached to the base.
So, spending a small amount of money now on a Hinge kit saves costly roof and exhaust fan damage later, while allowing the fan to be cleaned correctly. Contact us for a free estimate.